Looking for a new home can be an exciting and scary process. Love The Green Real Estate Consulting Firm is here to help you. We work with each of our clients individually, taking the time to understand your unique needs and lifestyle, and we want to do the same for you. It may seem overwhelming at first and we will help you every step of the way. We are so excited to get started on finding you the perfect home. Our goal is to help you find your home in the first 8 houses we show you. This is accomplished by listening to your needs, understanding your finances, and knowing the market.
Our goal is to empower our buyers and help them have a positive experience. It is important to have a basic understanding of the entire buying process. In order to provide this information without overwhelming you we have created sections to read and provide videos as well. Whether you live in the area or searching before you move here it is important to have sound information so you can take the actions required to purchase your home.
Please take the take to watch our You Tube WE WANT TO BE YOUR BUYER AGENT SERIES before we meet for our free consultation. This way we will be able to start looking for property as soon as possible.
WHICH CATEGORY BEST DESCRIBES WHERE YOU ARE IN THE HOME BUYING PROCESS? | WORKING WITH REAL ESTATE AGENTS | PRE-APPROVAL/PROOF OF FUNDS | WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US WHEN YOU SIGN A BUYER AGENCY AGREEMENT | NOW WHAT? | WHY CHOOSE LOVE THE GREEN? |
A Ready, willing and able to buy within the next 90 days. Already in process of getting a pre-approval commitment letter.
B Would like to buy within next 6 months but not in a hurry and have been pre-qualified.
Our goal is to create positive relationships with our clients, so we offer a variety of services depending on your readiness to buy. Our priority is to those clients who have already been pre-approved and are ready to buy with the next 3 months. If you are ready, willing, and able to purchase a home in the next 90 days, then we are ready to sign a buyer’s agency agreement and start the house hunting process.
If you still need time to think or get your finances in order we will gladly stay in touch and even
set up listing alerts on our website.
For more information visit our You Tube channel WHICH CATEGORY BEST DESCRIBES WHERE YOU ARE IN THE HOME BUYING PROCESS?
In North Carolina there are three types of real estate agencies. It is important to understand the differences in order to know who is working for you. Every Realtor is supposed to review this information with you when you beginning working with them. There is a form for you to sign that simply states this information has been provided to you.
BUYER AGENT—Helps buyer buy a house (not trying to sell you a house)
SELLER AGENT—Helps seller lit/sell a house
DUAL AGENCY – This is when the Buyer Agent and Seller (List) Agent work for the same company. They often are not the same person, and they may not even know each other. Whenever there is a dual agency situation, all material facts are required to be released, but neither agent can divulge certain confidential information to the other party.
For more information visit our You Tube channel WORKING WITH REAL ESTATE AGENTS
Before we schedule our free initial consultation, it is important that you have an idea of how much you can or are willing to spend on a house.
If you need a mortgage, then we highly recommend using a local lender. A local lender will provide you with much more information than the generic online process. They will actually create a working relationship with you and with us. We will gladly recommend a preferred lender who has the best product and services for your particular needs.
If you are purchasing with cash please provide proofs of funds at the time of the appointment. This can be a letter from your financial advisor stating amount available and time frame to fund purchase.
The greater Asheville area is more expensive than many think it might be. As of Jan. 2020, the median sale price for a 3/2 less than 2000 square feet was $290,000. Inventory in all price ranges is limited and houses in good condition and good location go under contract very quick. It is critical that buyers be prepared and know how much they are willing or able to afford before they start to look at properties.
Love The Green Real Estate Consulting Firm requires that all buyers be preapproved or provide proof of funds before taking any client to see properties.
For more information visit our You Tube channel PRE APPROVAL LETTER OR PROOF OF FUNDS
North Carolina requires a buyer agent agreement to be signed prior to presenting an offer. Experienced full time professionals, like Love The Green Real Estate Consulting Firm requires a buyer agreement be signed prior to showing property. This makes it very clear who is working for you and what to expect. The buyer agent agreement may be for just one day or up to six months. It depends on the situation. The agreement outlines locations, time period, Realtor compensation, duties of the Realtor.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US WHEN YOU SIGN A BUYER AGENCY AGREEMENT
- Respect your time and set scheduled times to accommodate you
- Establish a regular time and method to answer your questions
- Once an offer is in place we will respond as quickly as possible to ensure all due diligence time frames are met
- Keep your information confidential
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home in relation to your needs
- Always be honest, even when we have information that you may not want to hear
- Help you compare homes and make a decision
- Educate you throughout the entire process
- Work for you to ensure you get the best deal on your new home
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM ALL OF OUR CLIENTS
- Be honest in all things
- Respect our normal business hours
- You will always check with Love the Green Team first about any house or land
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) call us first with the street name and telephone number
- If you want to see new construction, call us before you go into models
- When you go to an open house, take our card with you and show it to the Realtor
- Be available to look at homes
- Let us know when you’re out of town
- If your wants, needs, or financial situation change, let us know
- Once you have signed a buyer agent agreement you will utilize your personal MLS cart rather than generic online sources
- Be as loyal to us as we are to you
- Refer Love the Green Team to your friends, family, and colleagues
For more information visit our You Tube Channel BUYER AGENT
We have provided a great deal of information and hope that it has been helpful. There are many steps in the buying process and we are here to help you. Call, email or sign up on the website to start a conservation.
We have been helping people buy real estate for many years, so we know what we are doing. We have developed protocols and processes that ensure the best services ever! We listen to you and will create a plan that works best for you. Part of that plan includes:
- One-hour free consultation about the buying process
- Help create a search cart for you utilizing our website www.lovethegreen.org
- Provide a list of lenders, attorneys, insurance companies and home inspectors
- Create a detailed MLS search cart with the most up to date listings
- Regularly review and delete or add houses that match your personal criteria
- Call list agent to find out more about houses if necessary
- Review Property Disclosures and GIS for possible issues
- More research on certain houses such as comps, deeds, mortgage payoff
- Establish showing list (we work to narrow houses to best 8)
- Schedule showing appointments
- Drive to and show houses
- Provide feedback to list agent
- Analyze homes sold in past 90 days (Comprehensive Market Analysis CMA)
- Call list agent—status check of house and sellers
- Pull records—tax, deed, plat, GIS, restrictions, etc.
- Write offer
- Send offer to list agent
- Negotiate offer—accept, change, reject
- Upload additional paperwork for foreclosure, REO, short sale
- Deliver required checks and contract to list agent
- Write and deliver additional paperwork
- Oversee requirements during Due Diligence period
- Contact lender—get pre-approval letter to list agent within 3 days
- Schedule inspections
- Review and explain inspection reports
- Email, text, call all parties about home inspection
- Write Due Diligence request
- Answer appraiser questions and let them in house if necessary
- Provide “Move In” list
- Stay in contact with lender and attorney
- Finalize closing – resolve issues, coordinate remaining paperwork, calls, and schedules
- Review Closing Statement
- Walk through
- Attend closing
- Provide a great big hug to the new home owner!
- Available to answer questions concerning move in
- Remain your referral source for all things related to your new home
For more information on each step of the home buying process, refer to one of the sections below or contact us today.